ServiceMaster Restoration Services
Fires are the most dangerous natural disaster of all, starting at any time and quickly spreading to consume building materials and personal items. But you should never waste time trying to gather everything before evacuating since time is never on your side in this emergency. But as soon as everyone has evacuated safely, don’t hesitate to call the fire department to put out the flames.
The threat to personal safety may be over, but the damage is still spreading throughout your property. Smoke, soot, and other hazardous byproducts are left to cover all remaining surfaces and compromise their structure. This is why it is crucial to call for emergency restoration services.
Emergency Smoke Mitigation
The experts at ServiceMaster Restoration Services are available 24 hours a day to respond to residential and commercial fires of all sizes in the Elkhorn, NE area. We will stabilize and rebuild the home or building while restoring items affected by secondary damage from corrosive byproducts like soot, smoke, and water.
Damages Caused by Fire and Smoke
When most people think of fire damage, they usually think about the destruction caused by the flames. As the flames burn any plastic material , they release toxic fumes that etch and tarnish household surfaces, such as aluminum, chrome, and marble. Unless these surfaces are restored promptly, the damage will become permanent. Smoke can also get into areas the flames didn’t reach as well as drift across your property into other buildings. Water and firefighting chemicals used to stop the fire can also cause damage, and the fire department doesn’t clean up the aftermath.
Our fire and smoke damage restoration services provide all of the following:
- Emergency stabilization of the property, if necessary
- Emergency pre-cleaning
- Inspection of all damage and development of restoration plan
- Removal of all soot and smoke residue
- Content cleaning and pack-outs
- Wall cleaning
- Ceiling cleaning
- Odor removal
Smoke Mitigation – What to Do:
- Call ServiceMaster Restoration Services right away for emergency fire damage restoration
- If the outdoor temperature is above 60 degrees, open doors and windows to air out the building.
- Wipe off chrome, aluminum, porcelain, and Formica surfaces.
- Change the air filter in your HVAC system.
- Cover all return and supply register vents with a couple layers of damp cheesecloth so soot doesn’t circulate.
- Throw away food from the refrigerator and opened food from the cupboards.
- Set aside electronics, computers, and other delicate items for priority restoration.
Fire Damage Cleanup – What NOT to Do:
- Do not touch any fire-damaged surfaces with your bare hands. Their oils can smear the residue.
- Do not try to remove soot or do other cleanup by yourself. Without proper training, cleaning products, or equipment, you can make the damage worse or permanent.
- Do not use electrical appliances or ceiling fixtures on a wet ceiling until they’ve been checked by an electrician.
- Do not try to clean carpets or upholstery.
In the event of a fire, the top priority should always be to evacuate and call 911. Afterwards, emergency fire restoration services must be called to salvage as many of the building materials and personal items as possible. Our technicians will arrive promptly to inspect the damage while conducting the pre-cleaning process to prevent the soot and smoke byproducts from spreading. We will then beginning working immediately to restore the entire structure, working efficiently and effectively to return it to its original condition. We will also work with your insurance agent during the claims process to allow you to focus on other matters.
ServiceMaster Restoration Services is available 24/7 at (402)513-8306 in the Elkhorn, NE area for emergency fire and smoke damage restoration services. We work with insurance carriers.
Related Posts and Services
“Very professional and caring. Ready to tackle the mess head on. I highly recommend them to my friends and family.”