ServiceMaster of Fremont
When fire takes hold within a building, there are several different elements to be aware of that can significantly damage your property and belongings. The most obvious is the fire itself; however, the resulting soot and smoke can sometimes cause just as much, if not more, destruction than the flames. There are even a multitude of harmful chemicals released when certain synthetic materials commonly found in homes are burned. This is why our fire damage restoration services here at ServiceMaster of Fremont address more than simple structural repairs.
In addition to understanding the various detrimental aspects of fire and its byproducts, it is important to understand how critical a timely response is. If you have experienced a fire on your property in Fremont, NE, then it is imperative that you contact our fire damage restoration technicians as soon as possible. The consequences of failing to do so can result in further deterioration and damage to your property, and even pose a significant safety hazard to you and your loved ones if the site is not properly secured.
When you call our technicians at ServiceMaster of Fremont for our fire damage restoration services, you can expect the following:
- Swift Response and Open Communication: Our representatives are available by phone 24 hours a day, and can get a team of technicians to you quickly. While we work, we will keep you informed about our plans and progress.
- Securing the Site: If your property is severely damaged, ServiceMaster of Fremont will first secure affected areas so that further damage is not incurred, and all personnel are safe.
- Pre-Cleaning: Once the site is secure, we will work to clean the property as we begin our restoration efforts. This helps to identify in greater detail the extent of the damage. It also addresses further safety concerns.
- Content Cleaning and Pack-Out Services: For personal belongings that are damaged, we can work to clean and restore them on site, or bring them to one of our facilities to clean and store them while your property is repaired.
- Cleaning and Restoration: We will continue to clean and repair all aspects of your property in order to return your home or business to its original condition.
- Odor Removal: The last thing you need after a fire is a lingering reminder of the event. This is why we specifically focus on odor removal before we finish our work.
- Final Inspection: Lastly, ServiceMaster of Fremont will perform a final inspection to ensure that your property has been fully repaired, and all of your belongings have been salvaged to the greatest extent possible.
If you would like to be proactive while waiting for our service teams to arrive, there are several steps you can take (this is assuming that your property is safe to enter):
- Thoroughly clean the inside of your refrigerator, and leave it open in order to dry.
- If outside weather permits, you can air out your home or business to get rid of the odor from smoke.
- To prevent permanent damage, wipe off porcelain, Formica, chrome, and aluminum surfaces.
- Tape a wet cheesecloth over each supply and return register to filter loose soot from the air.
- Replace your furnace’s air filter if it operates with forced hot air.
- For professional restoration dry cleaning, save your smoke damaged fabrics and clothing.
There are also specific actions that you should avoid after a fire:
- Do not attempt to clean affected upholstery or carpeting.
- The natural oils of your hand can infiltrate walls, woodwork, and upholstery, and worsen soot damage. Avoid touching these surfaces.
- Do not use electrical appliances until they have been properly inspected.
If you have any questions, or would like to take advantage of our fire damage restoration services, then please feel free to give us a call at (402)513-8306. We are available 24 hours a day, and are happy to service affected property owners in the Fremont, NE, area.
Related Posts and Services
“Good friendly service.”