ServiceMaster Restoration Services
The effects of fire, smoke, and soot can be tremendously devastating in both commercial and residential situations. Fire itself can obviously leave behind a wake of destruction, while smoke and soot can cause etching, discoloration, and more within materials of seemingly unaffected objects.
At ServiceMaster Restoration Services, we understand these behaviors and address them through our fire and smoke damage restoration services. We are proud to work with property owners in Valley, NE.
Damage from Fire, Smoke, and Soot
Before getting into too much detail, the first things you should do in the event of a fire is contact your local fire department and evacuate all individuals. Once this is done, we recommend contacting our ServiceMaster Restoration Services representatives as soon as possible. We are available 24 hours a day, and can respond to emergencies within 2 hours of your call. This access is highly beneficial because minutes can sometimes make the difference between items being fully restored or permanently damaged.
Furthermore, we all understand the devastation that fires can cause; however, smoke and soot can be just as damaging (as can other corrosive byproducts that are created when certain synthetic materials are burned). Etching and tarnishing of aluminum, chrome, and marble, as well as discoloration and corrosion of other materials, is common. Toxic fumes can also be created.
The main issue here is that these elements are airborne, which means they can effortlessly travel throughout your building. Our technicians understand this, and will address it promptly.
Our Restoration Services
ServiceMaster Restoration Services is a trusted name in fire and smoke damage restoration because of our experienced technicians, professional-grade restoration and sanitization equipment, and proven methodologies. Rest assured, we understand how damaging smoke and soot make their way around buildings, and which chemical cleaners will appropriately eliminate them without causing further damage. In more detail, you can expect the following from our teams:
- Emergency response capabilities and site-stabilization services
- Pre-cleaning to reduce the odds of permanent damage occurring
- Complete inspection of your property
- Development and implementation of a thorough restoration and cleaning plan
- Content cleaning and pack-out services to restore your personal belongings
- Full deodorization services
- Coordination with your insurance provider
- A final inspection to guarantee a quality result
Smoke Mitigation – What to Do:
The aftermath of a fire can be just as dangerous as the event itself. This is why we have compiled lists of things you should and should not do while you wait for assistance to arrive:
- Wipe off aluminum, chrome, porcelain, and Formica surfaces
- Increase air circulation by opening windows and doors
- Cover return and supply register vents with damp cheesecloth
- Change your HVAC system’s air filter
- Clean out your refrigerator and throw away exposed food
Smoke Damage Cleanup – What NOT to Do:
- Do not use electronics, appliances, or light fixtures until they have been professionally inspected
- Do not attempt to clean areas affected by soot because improper cleaning can cause more damage
- Do not touch damaged surfaces with your bare skin
- Do not try to clean upholstery or carpeting
Fires can cause highly uncertain times for homeowners and business owners alike. If your property in Valley, NE, has been affected by a fire, we encourage you to contact our representatives at (402) 513-8306. ServiceMaster Restoration Services is open 24 hours a day, and can respond to emergencies within 2 hours of your call.
Related Posts and Services
“Very professional and caring. Ready to tackle the mess head on. I highly recommend them to my friends and family.”